After receiving his Juris Doctor from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in Fort Worth and being licensed to practice in courts throughout the Lone Star State in 2002, Richard McConathy has aggressively defended thousands of clients against various criminal charges relating to Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). He represents residents of the greater Tarrant County area, including Fort Worth, TX.
Richard is an active member of several prominent legal organizations, including the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA) and the Dallas Bar Association. He has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star and a Texas Monthly Rising Star, and Richard is proud of the 91 percent success rate Law Offices of Richard C. McConathy has had since 2002 on DWI cases announced for trial.
- State Bar of Texas — 2002
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas — 2003
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice — University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- Juris Doctor — Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law), Fort Worth, Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association Criminal Law Section (Treasurer, 2004-2006)
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (DCDLA)
- Irving Bar Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA)
Awards and Recognitions
- Texas Monthly Rising Star — 2011
- Super Lawyers Rising Star — 2012-2013
Principal Location: 1511 Dallas Pkwy #400 Dallas, TX 75248